Dog Steals Pancakes Off Stove While Owners Are Gone And Accidentally Causes A House Fire
A family dog started a house fire in the town of Southwick, Massachusetts — all over some pancakes.
Video footage of the shocking event was captured by the home’s surveillance system and shared by the Southwick Fire Department to serve as a warning: Don’t leave items unattended on the stove.
According to WBZ, the Southwick Fire Department said the homeowners had left some pancakes there. The burners were off, but the pancakes were there for the taking.
One of the family’s dogs — undoubtedly noticing the tempting food sitting there — snatched them from atop the stove. In doing so, the dog inadvertently turned the stove on and, within moments, smoke filled the room, and a fire erupted!
In the video below, two dogs just stare at the fire as if they know something has gone terribly wrong.
According to the Daily Mail, the homeowner’s monitored alarm system thankfully went off. Members of the Southwick Fire Department ended up putting the fire out and preventing the home from burning down.
I can understand the need for some pancakes, but luckily, this particular case of canine breakfast thievery ended happily!